Monday, October 11, 2004

90's Hall of Fame.....

I had a very enjoyable evening last night watching the 90's (music) Hall of Fame, viewers were asked to vote for their favourite band of the 90's from the following ten: Oasis, Robbie Williams, Blur, Red Hot Chillie Peppers, Missy Elliott, Dr Dre., The Spice Girls, Radiohead, Prodigy and Nirvana.

How can one choose? I can eliminate; Robbie Williams, Red Hot Chillie Peppers, Missy Elliott, The Spice Girls, Prodigy. Then if pushed I can say Blur instead of Oasis, which leaves: Blur, Dr Dre., Radiohead and Nirvana.

Dr Dre., Radiohead and Nirvana are all artists that now I think were great but not massivley aware of in the 90's. However, Blur was a big favourite of mine from "there's no other way" to Modern Life is Rubbish, Parklife and the Great Escape. However the more recent stuff hasn't really done it for me, where as Dr Dre. has produced and is still producing things that I really like. Radiohead are legends but thier music has conitations of teenage angst that I would really rather leave in 1999. Nirvana again I know are/were legends but personally I never got into their stuff until it was a bit late, however, Smells Like Teen Spirit is a top, top t-u-ooon and they should be recognised for that track alone (Jamie Theakston happens to agree with me on that one too.....ahhh aother idol from my happless 90's days).

3 Comments:

Blogger val said...

Hey Catthas. I found your blog. I like what you write about. I think maybe my blog is too deep and I think I need to learn to be a bit more shallow sometimes. I am off work again today as not much of a voice yet. Thank you for being my friend I think you enhance my life for many reasons. Love valx

October 12, 2004 2:30 pm  
Blogger val said...

Oh by the way my blog address is now butterflyval.blogspot.com rather than the other one. Love val de riexx

October 12, 2004 2:32 pm  
Blogger Catherine said...

val - dont worry about what you use your blog for, in the beginning my first blog was very deep i used it to process and articulate loads of things that were going on in my head and heart - you should have seen some of the things that in the end i decided should never be published!

October 13, 2004 6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home