Friday, November 12, 2004

1st serious post ever....

Normally i hate, maybe thats a bit strong, get a bit irked, but constant debate about "Church" but hey ho, here's my contribution and they're not even my words I've just pinched this of a site Naomi Hill blogs on and I love it and think it is worthy of consideration.

* Jesus didn't set out to found the institution of the church, but nor did it happen by accident - church is the event which happens when we encounter Jesus. If we don't encounter Jesus then it's not church (from the Archbishop's address)

1 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

wow, I'd forgotten that I'd even posted that!
Thanks for the reminder... perhaps we all should be blogging about the events of encountering Jesus we experience more often... consider that an Advent(ish) resolution!

November 13, 2004 11:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home