Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Anyone for a cuppa?

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken - Pslam 62

How does our soul get tired? Do we rest just because we are tired? My body and mind finds rest when I sleep, or do nothing, but my soul? I have never consciously tried to rest my soul. When I am in God, resting in His presence my soul could well be resting. It does kind of feel like that sometimes....that my soul is resting....or my heart at any rate.

Maybe my soul is permanently rested now its salvation is found in Jesus? Is my soul now held by God, high up in a castle on a cliff? Hidden from the crashing waves, the high winds, the scavenging crows, the robbers and the enemy.

The rock will have to be climbed and the castle besieged and Gods hand wrenched open to get my soul from Him. I know that story and I know the ending - my soul is the LORDS, He will never let be me shaken, He will never let me be lost again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

hey Cathers

this a really beautiful post... thank you! you've given me some beautiful things to think about... and indeed i am having a cuppa!

lots of love

Naomi

October 12, 2005 7:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home