Monday, October 10, 2005

what's brown and sticky......?

I am well bored at work at the moment but as soon as the pens I ordered for staff arrive with the catchy slogan - "Internet Service - Self-Help for Customers" - I'll have pleanty to do batching 'em up and shipping 'em out.

Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. ”- Proverbs 19:20-21

I think sometimes I get so sick of waiting for God to tell me what to do that I just do what I want to do, blindly hoping that the verse about giving me the desires of my heart will come into play. However, this proverb seems to suggest that, yes, often plans are born from man rather than God but the the plan that comes successfully to fruition IS God's plan.

It was Gods purpose for me to do a degree
It was Gods purpose for me to move to Sheffield
It was Gods purpose for me to transfers jobs and continue to work for Jobcentre Plus
It was Gods purpose for me to buy a house

This has given me faith for the future. It's okay to plan, it's okay to seek Gods purpose too and if it happens then it's not a fluke or Gods plan B or C its the LORD's
purpose.

A boomarang that doesn't come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home