Tuesday, June 13, 2006

the birds.....

“ If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”- Luke 11:13

I think Matthew 17 suggests that good gifts are good gifts, it doesn't mention the Holy Spirit, but here it does. I always refer to Matt 17 when I want something that I'm sure is good and often get confused when I don't get it! What I like about Luke 11 is that its a specific promise, God will NEVER withold the Holy Spirit from us when we ask for Him to come....the Holy Spirit is the best of the best of things we could ask for (according to this verse)...this could be a good thing to get a hold of in my life as the Holy Spirit is often the very last thing I ever ask for......

......peace, money, somewhere to live, a family, positive self image, Wimbledon tickets, a holiday, confidence, the answer, inspiration, love, a church, healing, boldness, slimmer hips, thighs and whilst you're about it arms and ankles, patience, hope, whiter teeth, England to score thier own goals, less bushy eyebrows, an adventure, joy, discipline, fruit, chocolate, no traffic, fun......

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

well my little exogesis got blown out ofthe otherday....apparently I already have the Holy Spirit...which actually I knew, and this little verse is for the benefit of those who aren't christians yet...however, i'm refusing to accept that this is the olny meaning of this verse and explore it further and my underdstanding about what happens when i get prayed for and ministered to by the Holy Spirit...

June 15, 2006 12:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home