Wednesday, July 19, 2006

what makes the world go round?.....

ooooh so we did money again last night but this time in relation to the poor as opposed to tithing. It's a bit scary...next week we're bringing in our bank statements so that we can be accountable with each other....I''m going to have to deal with the fact that although I feel people are going to judge me they aren't really and it's for my own good. I'm also starting to think that it might be a huge relief to stop being embarrassed about my appalling money management and get it out in the open.

We discussed being more aware of the poor in this world would make us respond more ie if there was a famine or disaster on our doorstep then surly as christians we would respond?!

We also discussed being more frugal with the moeny we do have in order to be able to give more away

We also think it might be a good idea to start responding to the needs we do see around us - even though they are not poor, poor by world standards.

1 Comments:

Blogger val said...

Love you lots Catthers. love valxx

July 25, 2006 2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home