Thursday, October 13, 2005

Her name was Lola....

“ For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ”- Jeremiah 29:11

I seem to find myself constantly thinking about bathrooms but when I'm not thinking about bathrooms I'm thinking about the age old question - "What am I doing/going to do with my life?"

Well today, I'm thinking that perhaps that isn't my decsion, its Gods. He knows and that should be enough. I'll stop worrying that I may end up doing the wrong thing (see Mondays post) but how am I going to transpose this truth, this promise of Jeremiah 29:11 to my heart. How am I going to feel that is a truth rather than a legend?

Hope and a future are Gods gift to me. Just as life is a gift. Ordinarily by right I do not deserve a future or to feel hope, because without Jesus I would have none. Now I do know Jesus, my future is eternal and my hope is that one day I'll come face to face with my Father and then I'll get it. All those questions will evaporate, they won't matter. The only small bit left to think about (other than what colour to paint the walls) is, am I going to hear the words, "well done, good and faithful servant." or "this is my daughter, whom I love, with her I am well pleased." when I get there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home