Thursday, August 24, 2006


“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.”- Psalm 116:1-2

I remember when I was about 16 or 17 I was cycling up the road to school and I thought to myself, 'What is it going to be like being a christian when I'm forty?' I thought about being married to a christian and having children and being part of a church and there being a whole load of teenagers like I was then at this church and just tried to figure out how I would feel. I remember thinking that I'm bound to be a lot more sorted, secure etc and I remember thinking that I'll be happy. I had quite a volitile relationship with God when I was a teenager and didn't really know if I would still have a faith by then.

Well I'm not forty but I'm much closer to it than I was then and already I feel I've achieved some of those things (obviously not the husband and children thing). I've made it 13 years and they must have been the hardest, so I'm more confident that I will still be a Christian in 14 years (yes folks thats all I have left until I'm forty) and as the verse says ,'will call on him as long as I live.'

The photo was taken by my friend Ana as part of a prayer thing we're gonna do for the glos thing on sunday - lush isn't it!?

1 Comments:

Blogger jen mickelborough said...

cathers, you have a great blog. you write great stuff. well done, and thanks. jen x

August 28, 2006 3:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home