Tuesday, October 18, 2005

50 50 50 50.......

“ Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. ”- Psalm 27:14

Is this like waiting for the Holy Spirit to come?
Am I waiting for God to do something?
Am I waiting for Jesus to come back again?

Or is this simply a message to the Jews to wait for their Messiah.....

It's amazing how the Bible can be read and interpreted on so many levels. That's the thing with theology. Some theologians will say that there is only one correct interpretation and others will say that anything goes. I'm sure the Word is living so that it applies to us in the way we need it when we need it. Thats my theology and I think I'm going to stick to it. I'm not waiting for anything from the Lord at the moment so I'll wait for the meaning of this when I need it.

1 Comments:

Blogger JoeyD said...

hey cathers, i've been thinking about how one interprets the Word etc, and what's right if there are loads of interpretations. I think you are right though about it being the Living Word which means God shows you a particular facet of a piece of scripture for a particular time.
By the way, i really think we should try to achieve the impossible and go for coffee. I think of you most days as I walk past your car. .....SAC isn't it?

October 18, 2005 10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home