Thursday, October 20, 2005

water, water (nearly) everywhere....

I have a new bath, and a new sink with shiny new taps and today i should have a new toilet!

I have thought many times how great it would be to feel like I did when I first became a Christian, but today I think actually it wasn't that great. I was picked on at school for going to church and my family thought I should see a phsychiatrist.....the Holy Spirit came to heal me of things so I spent the first 7 years of my salvation crying! However, when I wasn't crying I was joyful, things started to make sense, I was passionate about something for the first time in my life and I was willing to do anything or go anywhere with God (except funnily enough Sheffield).

“ Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. ”- Psalm 51:12

Today I think that the childlikeness of those early years, and my fervency are not to be knocked and I'd love have those things back to compliment the stuff I know now.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

it's that whole 'not taking it for granted' thing isn't it?

i know exactly what you mean... i think spending time remembering what we're saved from and what we're saved for sometimes helps... although when i'm especially tired and cynical not even that helps!

October 20, 2005 10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home