Thursday, November 10, 2005

Interiority - Thesaurus bingo

God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,' and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour.”- Job 37:5-6

I realise that over the last couple of years I've stopped trying to understand God. I no longer ask 'why?' very often. I probably won't understand the answer - I don't even think 'why?' is the right question. I've stopped asking why do good people suffer? why to bad people prosper? why are there devastating eathquakes, weather phenomenons that kill and destroy?

I see things and know they are God - beautiful sunsets, mountains, tropical islands, forgiveness. The things I see and don't know what God has to do with them, I look for where God is in them - the compassion, the grace, charity, amazing coincidences etc.

I don't know if I've stopped asking the questions because I'm afraid of getting answers I don't want to hear or if I'm scared of never getting the answers, either way my energy seems much better spent looking for the things that I can see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home