Thursday, March 30, 2006

split ends...

“ He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. ”- Isaiah 53:3-4

Yesterday my lovely friend Val encouraged me from her blog with the following qoute:

'There is a difference between happiness and joy. Happiness is caused by things which happen around us, and circumstances will mar it, but joy flows right through trouble; joy flows on through the dark; joys flows in the night as well as in the day; joy flows through persecution and opposition; it is an unceasing fountain bubbling up in the heart; a secret spring............' (L. Moody).

I'm sure Jesus was not always happy but he would have had this deep joy. Although I don't think I have this deep, deep joy that is talked about here, I know that it is available to me if I ever work out how to access it, I'm sure that I hope for this and I'm certain it exisits although I can't see it so hopefully my faith will be rewarded and one day it will happen.....

1 Comments:

Blogger val said...

Hi lovely, I am so glad that quote inspired you. Way cool. love u babe. love Val who is currently v thoughtful about things in life and in deathxx

March 30, 2006 4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home